Morrisons has announced a transition towards its first six ‘zero-waste’ stores in Edinburgh, to be fully operational by 2025.The zero-waste aspect of the shops considers both refuse from the store itself and from their customers. Morrisons claims that the initiative will shift the amount of general waste that can be recycled in-store from 27 per cent up to 84 per cent. It also suggests that plans for the collection of the remaining 16 per cent of general waste are to be implemented before... More
Climate activist group Extinction Rebellion has joined a coalition calling on the Government to decarbonise the waste sector, highlighting ways in which the UK could reduce its reliance on energy-from-waste and meet its net-zero target of 2050.
With over half of the UK public agreeing that sustainability is a key factor in choosing the clothes they wear, WRAP has urged UK businesses to demonstrate their commitment to tackling the carbon footprint of producing clothes by joining Textiles 2030.